Monday, September 1, 2008

Dove season starts!!!




Finally, dove season started!!!! Started out as a nice cool morning, but not only was the doves flying, so was the mosquitos again. After tons of mosquito spray we began shooting at doves. Shane, Amanda and the kids came up on Sunday to be there for opening morning. Braxton and his Papa decided to walk in the field for a bit to see if they could scare up some doves. Papa (William) loves teaching Braxton all about hunting and Braxton loves to hunt with his daddy and Papa. Us girls also shot at a few doves, Amanda did better than me, my arm began to hurt too bad to continue. By the time we got home I had a nice bruise on my shoulder.

After several hours of shooting and it getting VERY hot and humid, we decided to pack up at go home. I think between us we ended up with 15 dove. Everyone had a great time. It's always a great time when we're with family!!!

No comments: